Monday, November 3, 2014

The Weeks Keep Getting Faster!

The wonderful Halloween treat box that Sister Judd's mom sent!! Thanks!!!

International Day of Service





Andre and I at church yesterday.  I love that kid!!
Well hello people. This week was the fastest week of my life. I can't believe it's already Monday again. Where is my life going? I don't know. 
Sister Judd and I decided to go for a walk around our neighborhood for p-day. Which sounded like a nice idea until we got so lost it wasn't even funny, and it was about a million degrees, and we had no water. So our casual stroll turned into a survival quest. But we still laughed a lot and had a jolly good time so that's good. 
Tuesday we got a call from a member, saying that there were some tourists that wanted to take us to lunch at the fish fry downtown. And of course we didn't turn them down... hello, free food! How nice is that? I don't know about ya'll... but I think the last thing I'd be thinking of while on a cruise is taking care of the missionaries. It was a very nice little treat. 
Ummmm well we seemingly lost pretty much all of our investigators over the last few weeks... so this week was a week of finding. We spent a lot of time walking the streets, talking to everyone. I got super tan, but we didn't find anyone to teach. Oh well, planting seeds is always good! Everyone deserves to hear the gospel. It's up to them if they accept it or not! 
Friday was Halloween!! And while we didn't do anything special to celebrate, we did get to pick up a giant package full of delightful Halloween treats from Sister Judd's mom! It was a very nice surprise, and we ended our night laying on the couch eating chocolate... just like every other Halloween I've ever had :) woohoo! 
Saturday was a church wide International Day of Service! We had special permission to do service all day in our areas, and we got to go help the branch here with their service project! We went to a home for the elderly, and did a lot of painting and rebuilding to fix up the place for Christmas. It was so sweet to see how grateful they all were... doing service really just reminds me of how important this gospel is! I've decided to put a lot bigger emphasis on serving others in my life... and even though I only implemented that a few days ago, I'm already seeing the difference it makes! I love service.
I've been studying the Savior's earthly ministry and atonement a lot over the last few weeks, and my love and appreciation for Christ and all that He's done for us has grown a huge amount! I've just been looking around at the different types of trials people face. Here, the amount and the size of the trials that a lot of the people are facing is way more than I think I've ever had to face in my life or could even handle. But I know that everyone's trials are designed specifically for them, and we're never given any trial beyond what we have strength to bear. We find that strength through our Savior Jesus Christ. When we come to know what He has done for us, we can know that no matter what we face, we are not alone-- we can be strengthened, uplifted, and comforted as long as we rely wholly on Christ. I love this sentence from PMG, "When the Father asked His Beloved Son to pay the price of the world's sins, Jesus was prepared and willing." Christ was prepared and willing to pay the price for our sins. He took every little bit of hurt that we will ever have upon Himself so He could know how to help us. And now it's just up to us to realize the importance of the Atonement-- the price has already been paid, we just need to come and collect the benefits. 
I'm loving this scripture this week too- Mosiah 15:31.
"The Lord hath made bare his holy arm in the eyes of all the nations; and all the ends of the earth shall see the salvation of our God."
Heavenly Father loves us and wants us to accept this gospel! I'm so humbled that He trusts me enough to send me to find His children that are searching for the truth... I love being a missionary more than I've ever loved anything in my life. These last six months have been the best thing that's ever happened to me. I love this work! 
Well. This week went by so fast I don't really know what else to say. So that's it. I love you all. 
xoxoxo,
Sister Oman 



No comments:

Post a Comment