Friday, January 23, 2015

The fastest 9 months of my life!

Hey ya'll! I don't even know what to say about this week so let's go through a rundown of what's happened.
After we emailed ridiculously late last Monday, our week just kept getting crazier. Tuesday was a day full of goodbyes for Sister Walker because transfer meeting was on Wednesday! At transfers, I got to see Sister Rampersad for the first time since I dropped her off at the airport in the Bahamas in July... it was a joyous mother/daughter reunion :) (Mothers are what you call trainers and since she trained me I'm her daughter haha)
I got to spend the evening in Portmore with Sister Mouritsen! She was flying to Nassau the next day and I had no companion, so we got to proselyte together! It was so much fun. Especially because we haven't taught together since the MTC and it was just really cool to see that our teaching skills have improved since then... thankfully haha. If I still taught like I was teaching in the MTC... man it would be a problem.
I spent the day with Sister Thompson on Thursday... just a little glimpse of the life of an STL. We went to the airport not one, not two, but three times to drop off and pick up various missionaries getting transferred around. We taught some lessons, and then I got to drive a super fancy car all the way to Maypen (like an hour from Kingston) on a super fancy highway. Man it was the best night of my life. I felt like I was driving on the stars. Also! I got to see Sister Dill and Sister Bailey on Thursday. It was like a mission companion reunion week! Ahhhh I just love those ladies so much. I wish we lived in the same country haha.
Bright and early Friday morning we went to the airport to pick up Sister Llewellyn. We headed back to Portmore and started our day! We've been walking and walking and walking seeing as we have no car. I could walk for the rest of my life. I love walking. I asked President Brown if I could be in walking areas for the rest of my mission and he just kind of laughed and said no. But I'll work on it still :) Hehe.
So I'm half way done with my mission this week. The last few weeks I've been thinking a lot about what it means to give your will to God. It's a commandment that we do that and all through my mission I've been thinking about what that means. I've come to the conclusion that it's a lot easier said than done. But now that I have half my mission behind me and half in front of me, I've been doing a lot of reflecting about what I want to change in the next half of my mission. I'm really working on throwing my whole self into the work. I've learned to love the culture and the people that I'm blessed to work with. I say it all the time, but I really and truly mean it... This mission is the best thing that's ever happened to me and I never, ever want it to end. I love Jamaica :)
Okay I don't know what else to talk about this week. We're working with a few really awesome people right now, but I was like not in my area for a ton of the week so I don't really have any stories about them right now :) But next week!
I love you all. You're the best. I appreciate you more than I can ever tell you. Thank you for all the letters and emails and support and prayers. Especially prayers. We feel them and we appreciate them :)
Have the best weeks you've ever had.
xoxoxoxox,
Sister Oman

The view of the ocean from our house




Pictures inside of a restaurant



More pics of the beach by our house




Wilko and I at the beach

These are some pictures from the beach by our house that we went to for p-day a few weeks ago. There's a slight difference between the beaches here and the beaches in the Bahamas, but I love them all the same. :) 

This is Percy. He's a less active's father. One day we went to Percy's house to find his daughter and he offered us coconuts. It was my first time drinking it from the nut itself. i think the rest of the story is told best in these pictures.





Consensus:  It tastes good!

The curry I made with my own hands!

I never get tired of the sunsets here.

I love this family!

The beach we went to last Monday.


Sister Walker and I with some investigators.

We played capture the flag as a zone in an abandoned fort for p-day last week. It was a blast!! 

But.... I paid for it. Note to self: never, ever forget the sunscreen!


Sister Walker and I and some investigators!

The road to Spanish Town
Ramp and I at transfer meeting!

No comments:

Post a Comment