Monday, September 14, 2015

I love Jamaica :)

Let's do this email thing again! I say this every week, but the weeks are flying by! I can't even believe how fast time is going... I wish it would slow down!! 
This week was Elder Aguirre's birthday. Conveniently, it was on the same day as district meeting so of course we floured him after district meeting. And then later our entire district had a meal appointment at a member's house, so of course we floured him again. Success. 
I got super sick last week... so we had to stay in for a few hours on two different days and man it was the worst! I just wanted to be outside working but nope couldn't really get out of bed. Saturday evening we'd been home for like an hour and a half and I was like "I can't do this anymore we have to go teach!" So we went and had a lesson. We were on our way home and I'm thinking "Oh maybe this was a bad idea... I don't know if I can make it home... Uh oh." When all of the sudden a member pulled up in her car next to us! She said that she didn't know why she was driving down that road but she just felt like she should and could she give us a ride wherever we were going? The Lord is mindful of His children and He will always provide a way for us to do what we need to do :) 
We got to our investigator Joe's, house for a lesson last week. We were planning on introducing the Book of Mormon to him. When we got there, we heard the Book of Mormon playing on CD... and we were sort of confused. When he came out, we asked him where he got the CD's and he said his friend that introduced him to the church gave them to him. It was like four in the afternoon and he'd been listening to the CDs since really early that morning. He asked us to teach him more about the Book because he felt so good when he was listening to it. And then he accepted a baptism date in the lesson. And he walked about forty five minutes to and from church by himself this week... and he was at sacrament a half hour before it started! Man I'm so excited for him. 
We had FOUR INVESTIGATORS in church on Sunday! You guys, I almost fell out of my chair I was so happy. That's more than I've ever had at church at one time my entire time in Old Harbour. It's amazing. It was a miracle. I love this gospel. I've never experienced so much joy in my life than what I've experienced on my mission. I never want this experience to end... I could stay out here for the rest of my life and be perfectly content. I love Jamaica. I love the Bahamas. I love these islands, I love these people, and I love this gospel. I am just more and more humbled every week when I think of how much trust the Lord must have in us as young missionaries to send us out here to share something so precious with the world. I don't think I'll ever be able to wrap my head around how He could trust me, of all people, to be the one to share this gospel with these people here... but somehow He did trust me, and I will never be able to repay Him. I thought I was coming on a mission to pay Heavenly Father back for everything He's given me, but this experience has just blessed me so much more than I ever expected and I'll never be able to repay Him.
I love this gospel. I love you all. Have a wonderful week and don't forget to pray and read your scriptures this week :) 
The church is true! 
xoxoxoxo,
Sister Oman 

Be not deceived by how beautiful of a day it was!  It was 1,000,000 degrees out!!



When we saw the sunset, we looked at each other and blurted out in unison, "It's the second coming!" And then we started laughing hysterically in the middle of the road. Not sure why it was so funny looking back... but hey it's always good to have a good laugh right?

Flouring Elder Aguirre after district meeting :) 



Zone Conference



No comments:

Post a Comment